About Me

My photo
Just a young gun trying to live my life (I do not claim any of the photos on this blog unless stated)

Monday, September 26, 2011

Juice Jam

Everybody already knows that Syracuse University is notorious for bringing some of the best names in the music industry. And there's nothing more I look forward to than starting off the year with Juice Jam.

Juice Jam is a concert put together by University Union, held at the Skytop Field on South Campus. Not only did UU do an amazing job of bringing Chiddy Bang, B.o.b., AND Avicii to the stage, but they also showed some serious love in supporting the 10th anniversary of September 11th. UU collaborated with Hendricks Chapel as well as student leaders and administrators to start SU's very own Better Together chapter for September 11th. Better Together is a campaign that aspires students of all races and backgrounds to join together and become involved within their communities in order to recognize what inspires them to make the world a better place. Juice Jam did an outstanding job at this, and also donated a portion of the proceeds to a local charity.
 

This years Juice Jam was especially important to me because, it helped me realize how much I wanted for myself and others in my future. I think for a while I kind of fell off my own scene and forgot where I came from. I was so much more involved with my passions and all the things I did to make others smile a few years ago. Clearly I was distracted for a while over little things that shouldn't have stopped me from continuing on what I love doing. So with all this inspiration I took my camera out for a test spin and made it happen. Nope, none of it is perfect but it's definitely a start to a new beginning.

I hope that this can inspire you to remember what you love to do and not be afraid to make it happen, because life is too short not to live it.

























I'd like to add a special congrats to Harrison Roberts (senior in the Bandier program and head of UU concerts) for working so hard and accomplishing everything he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment