About Me

My photo
Just a young gun trying to live my life (I do not claim any of the photos on this blog unless stated)

Monday, August 20, 2012

Juice Jam 2012

 


I am proud to report that University Union has announced Calvin Harris and Childish Gambino as the co-headliners of this years Syracuse University Juice Jam! For those of you who aren't familiar with these two artists, allow me to school you.



Calvin Harris is known as the Scottish electro-DJ/singer/songwriter/producer who has successfully climbed the UK charts beginning with his 2007 gold album, I Created Disco. Harris is also recognized for producing several hit singles such as Rihanna's "We Found Love" and "Bounce" featuring Kelis.



Childish Gambino, who may be better recognized as Donald Glover is not only a beast when it comes to rapping, but he's also made quite a name for himself on the small screen. Glover not only wrote for NBC's 30 Rock, but he also starred on the show Community as the infamous Troy Barnes.
With over a dozen of his mixtapes surfacing the web, Gambino has gained a wide audience.
His most recent mixtape ROYALTY has reached success with more than 100K downloads, featuring collabs with Schoolboy Q, Bun B, Ghostface Killah, and even Tina Fey. Super rare if I do say so myself.

I am beyond thrilled that my school is so G that we are given the opportunity to have these amazing artists come to Syracuse alone, and you should be too. Having this being said, tickets for Juice Jam will be on sale this Wednesday at 11am! So get yo tix or forever wish you did...

No comments:

Post a Comment